Saturday, February 16, 2019

Welcome

Can you really have low-carb, delicious Keto friendly food when you're Southern at heart? Well, yeah, actually you can! I'm a southern gal through and through but all those crispy, fried delights I grew up eating finally left a mark on me in a very big way, and I'm not just talking about my weight! When I hit 50, I had a heart attack. YIKES! High LDL (the lousy one) and low HDL (the healthy one) got even with me.

After several years on multiple blood pressure meds and living through the painful hell of cholesterol lowering statins, which I found out my body hates; my joints rebelled and I made the decision to go full-on research mode into the Keto diet. Listen, it works for me. It may not be the one for everyone, but I reversed my pre-diabetic state, reduced my blood pressure meds by half, reduced my cholesterol meds by two-thirds and lost 25 pounds in 14 months. My doctor released me from the routine blood work every 90 days  and now I go every 6 months. I am no longer classified as having metabolic syndrome.

Here's the other good news. My IBS cleared up, I've reduced my acid reducing meds to every other day and because I reduced my cholesterol lowering medication, my joint pain has disappeared. Wow. Just Wow!

I am not a medical professional and the only qualification I have is what is working for me, but I am working on a collection of my Keto friendly, southern-style comfort food to share with others. Whether you are full-on serious about Keto or just looking for some good food with less carbs, you might just find something you love.

Thanks for stopping by and bless your heart 💖


No comments:

Post a Comment

True story. When I was a kid, we used to go to my grandmother's house after church every Sunday for dinner. My grandmother was a great c...